||23 Sep 2021 (Thu), 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
||Online through MS Teams (Link will be sent after registration closes)
||Office of Information, Knowledge & Library Services (Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Tel/Fax : 65927543)
As part of safe distancing measures implemented against the spread of COVID-19, NTU Library will be conducting workshops and consultations via online platforms until further notice.
This session will be conducted online on MS Teams. A link will be sent to registered participants after registration closes.
This workshop provides an introduction to LaTeX and equips participants to self-learn and explore LaTex at their own pace. LaTeX is a document preparation system for high-quality typesetting. It is often used by students who needed to write documents that include complex math expressions or non-Latin scripts.
Topics will include:
The structure of LaTeX documents, basic formatting, document layout, math in LaTeX, how to use packages, and more.
- Basics of LaTeX (Using Overleaf platform
- Sections, subsections
- Formatting text
- Simple Mathematical expressions
- Images & Tables
- Graphs, Pie-Charts and Family Tree
- Adding in-text citations and references
- Resources to self-learn & explore LaTeX
- Microsoft Teams application
- Register for an account at https://overleaf.com