||27 Sep 2021 (Mon), 09:00 AM - 12:00 PM
||Online via Zoom (Link will be sent nearer to date)
||EEE Career (Email : firstname.lastname@example.org )
EEE Career is organizing the job interview workshop for you. Job interviews can be increasingly challenging in current times as hirers want to get the best candidates for the job. Interview skills are critical to landing the job offer and succeeding in your career. Even if it is your first job interview or your 20th, you will feel nervous and stressed up.
But how can you manage this better?
Through this workshop, you will understand the strategies and techniques to be effective in an interview and the dos and don’ts to ace one. You will also learn about the interview process step-by-step and how to handle tough interview questions. In today’s context, you will need to be prepared for both online and in-person interviews. You will experience a mock interview practice session and get to learn how to take charge of your next interview.
1. Offline and Online Interview Preparation
- Learn how to prepare for offline and online interviews, with emphasis on the tips on researching the company and the uses of and consideration for online vs offline interviews and the different types or formats of interviews
- With the changing recruitment landscape and interviewing in times of Covid-19 and beyond, learn to approach virtual interviews, which is the new norm
- Determine and understand what employers/interviewers look out for
2. Digital Interviews
- Learn what to expect for digital interviews and how to prepare and ace such interviews
3. Interview Techniques
- Familiarise with the key techniques of interviewing with special emphasis on the STAR method of interviewing, especially for the behavioural- or competency-based interviews
- Learn techniques to create great first/last impressions, establish good rapport, display appropriate body language and pitch good stories
4. Handling Unexpected/Difficult Questions
- Know the different types of interview questions and be able to identify and response to these questions effectively
- Learn how to deal with challenging questions and handle the unexpected ones
5. Mock Practice Session with Feedback
- Practice interviewing skills focusing on applying the interview techniques learnt and handling of the challenging and unexpected questions
The workshop will be conducted virtually and please take note, "seats" are limited. Be geared for your internship and future career. *Sign up fast!*
Only registered students will be admitted to the workshop.
Registration for this event has closed.